Sunday, November 16, 2008

My day was made




First of all the AMT '40 Ford Coupe has to be one of my favorite vintage issued kits. I like the box art a bunch and really I have never seen a 100% built box art model until today. Ron S. , a TRaK member built the car exactly like the old box art. This is not the easiest task ok....the kit was issued in 1960 I think. Decals would not be any good, so he had to have either made new ones himself or bought some after markets which are hard to find. No matter what, it's nice to see one built like this. (missing skirts, but who cares)
Another cool version of the car was on the side of the box. As shown is the side box art built by Dave Charlton. This stuff is really neat! Anyone can build a vintage kit..but I really dig seeing them done like this. Old school to the core!

No comments: