Thursday, October 16, 2008

Omaha, Nebraska "The Big O"


I was born here and have always come back here, no matter what life brought before me. I love Omaha! There is plenty to do here and if you need something, there is ALWAYS a place to get it. Not to mention Omaha is the restaurant capitol, so you know damn well I eat good when I can afford the ticket!
One thing that trips me out is so many people think Omaha is a small town with corn and cattle everywhere HAHA! Duh....get a clue! Last time I checked , Omaha is 875,000 pop and growing. I have not seen a cow since the last time i traveled along highway 20 going west or any other time i "leave" Omaha. The photo shown is one of my favorites. Photo by Josh Warender which only represents "some" of downtown. The city extends about 300 and some blocks west and HELL IF I KNOW how many blocks north and south. If you get a chance, jump off the free way and visit! I always hear "one time I drove through Omaha and didn't see anything"....WTF? GET OFF THE INTERSTATE and try driving around for a few hours.

No comments: