Friday, October 10, 2008

Can't Explain It....


But since back in 2005 , when I was building this kustom '53 Stude/'57 Chevy and screwed up the paint job....I just cannot seem to stop starting MORE projects! It's like this car got the best of me or something? I put a LOT of hours into the body, making sure that there was not even a pin hole in the primer before i was ready to paint. Testors Enamel did it to me again. I really don't like that paint, it's sticky for TOO long and seems to "spit" through the nossil. I decided to give it a shot anyways and well.....it didn't work out so I stripped it and all the body work went to hell. Someday I do plan on finishing it. I just can't figure out how come this car made me lose the motivation to FINISH something I started? Maybe it's fear? I might be afraid to go to the finish line and screw up all over again. Hey, don't get me wrong since I have finished a lot of models since this disaster! But I bet I started twice as many as I finished.

1 comment:

Small Adventures said...

Old post,I know...but I'm just finding your blog and back-reading (also recently joined TRaK :-D).

You may have future posts on this (I'll see em when I get that far,LOL),but it ain't just you...I was to airbrush my first model recently,botched the mixed-too-thick primer,went to strip,melted some details off....and have been rattle-canning again evere since,LOL!

I dunno why I just had to say that,but it felt right :p.

Enjoying your blog so far (and TRaK)!

Steve-AKA Olskoolrodder