Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bob Paeth has moved on




What a rough couple of weeks for myself and the rest of this hobby. I knew Bob Paeth personally for about 5 months. We met in Overland Park, KS at the Heartland Nationals. Bob came all the way from Oregon as an honorable guest. Some people walked by his table as if they had no idea who he was. When i heard he would be there, i made a point to see him and after we talked it was like we knew each other for years. I introduced him to many others that didn't know who he was and they were humbled by how nice Bob truely was. After the show, back home we emailed back and forth many times. I bought some of his art work/prints and helped him sell several more.
Bob touched the hearts of modelers around the globe and he will be sorely missed. There will never be another person like him.
Photos shown are taken by Bud Ellis a close friend of mine. (shaking hands)-pose for the camera. (me hunched over)-Bob is schooling me on welding plastic. (Dodge Revellion print)-one of the kits Bob was solely responsible for. It was his creation. Bob was responsible for 80 Revell kits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Mary Schulte and I am the very proud daughter of a Mr. Bob Paeth. I gotta tell you that it was very comforting to do a google search on him and find so many kind words about my father. You all knew him in a different way than we did. It is very humbling to know that he was so respected in your world as well as in mine. He will be sorely missed by his wife, children, and grandchildren. Thank you very much for your very kind words.

Mary Schulte
wannabea@hughes.net