Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm Lucky....


In more ways than one. I grew up without any grandfather's since my dad's father died when he was about 13 and my dad's mom died long ago, but i only met him when i was little and then again before he really did die a few years ago. So for me, I have never really had any older guys to look up to in my family since they either passed on before i could get close or meet them , or they lived too far away.
Several months ago, my Great Uncle Roger Lemay moved back to Omaha to be closer to family. I am really glad he did! Since he moved back here, my Mom has been happier and I have been able to spend some good time with him already.
So far we have went to the Apple Jack car show in Nebraska City, the Mid-West NNL in St. Joe, MO. and to Toledo NNL in Maumee, OH. All of these trips have been a blast! Roger is the biggest smart ass I know and honestly...it's great! You see , in my family everyone is a smart ass. We all poke fun at each other , tell jokes and play pranks to get a laugh. This is the foundation of our family. We are all there for each other and always there to make each other smile..
Thanks for moving back home Roger! (photo shown *I told him I took it in black and white cuz he's old*) See? SMILE!

No comments: