Monday, April 6, 2009

'60 Merc Vert going Mild!


A few months back a good friend of mine Randy Webster invited me over to his house. We looked at his models and he had this on his shelf. I was looking for one in a big way at the time. I commented on it and he said "pshh yeah I bought that at a yard sale for like a quarter"...I said "NO SHIT?"...He said yeah and when he could tell I had been wanting one....he said "you can have it if you want, it's not my style"...I didn't argue!
Well it's time to get this thing on the bench! It's swimming in the purple lake now. The WHOLE thing practically fell apart! The only thing glue was the roll bar and it came out easy....everyhing else was "put together" with NO glue! Man what a NICE gift! AMT '60 Mercury Parklane....not issued since 1960!

No comments: